Perhaps we think that juices, teas and waters flavored only can be eaten in summer. This is true because they are refreshing and thirst take instantly, it is also true that we need the power of the fruits, vegetables and spices throughout the year. In the winter, too, if we want to avoid getting sick because of low temperatures.
Benefits of natural teas and waters
However, the overall benefits of drinking them periodically may be inherent in all of them, every one of the recipes of flavored waters and teas have particular benefit. As a first step, we must say that us moisturizes without adding too many calories. This is perfect if we are dieting. On the other hand, give us a good nutrition according to the consumed fruits: vitamins, proteins, minerals and fibers all in a same vessel.
Natural juices, in addition, prevent or eliminate fluid retention, sate us appetite, us cool in summer and increase our defenses for the winter.Several times a week drinking herbal teas and flavored waters natural is good for:
- transport oxygen and nutrients throughout the body.
- protect organs and allow them to work correctly.
- keep the skin young and soft.
- delete the dehydration due to coffee, alcohol, soft drinks, medicines, heat and exercise.
- lubricate the joints.
- stimulating the muscles.
- avoid constipation.
- feel satisfied and eat less food.
- think more clearly.
- contribute to the body natural foods (fruits, vegetables, herbs and water).
It is good to know that flavored waters are sold in markets are not recommended for the body, because they have a lot of preservatives, artificial and other chemicals. For this reason, nothing better than prepare them at home. We will take only a few minutes and they will even be more affordable.
If you’re not drinking much water because it bores you or because you like to add a little flavor to your meals, you can take advantage of different mixtures and recipes of herbal teas and infused water. Start the morning drinking a glass of water with fruit: you’ll have much more energy and vitality to face throughout the day. You can add seeds, herbs, ice and fruit that you want or have.
Throughout the day, inside or outside meals. The ideal is to drink a glass in the morning (breakfast) other half of the morning, one at lunch, another in the afternoon and last night with dinner. You’ll be giving your body everything you need: hydration, nutrients, vitamins and natural recipes without chemical additives.
Different combinations of flavored waters and natural teas
The ingredients that you can use to prepare these waters or natural teas are:
- Fruits: citrus (Orange, lemon, lime, grapefruit), berries (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, cherries) tropical (granada, mango, kiwi, papaya), melon, watermelon, pear, grape, Plum, Apple, banana, peach, Nectarine.
- Plant: cucumber, carrot, celery.
- Aromatic herbs: Mint, Sage, basil, Rosemary, lavender, stevia, cilantro, thyme.
- Spices: cinnamon, ginger, black pepper.
The best combinations for a flavored water or natural tea are:
- Grapefruit with Mint, Sage, Rosemary or Basil (one of these spices).
- Lemon with mint and Basil or cilantro.
- Lemon and coriander.
- Lemon and ginger.
- Lemon with Mandarin, pear and coriander.
- Lemon with orange and ginger.
- Orange Ginger and basil.
- Cucumber with lemon or lime, mint or Basil.
- Cucumber with grapefruit and Sage or Rosemary.
- Cucumber with watermelon and Mint.
- Carrot with Apple, lemon and ginger.
- Carrot with granada and Sage.
- Melon with watermelon and Sage or Mint.
- Watermelon with mint and Basil or Rosemary.
- Melon with orange and lemon.
- PEAR with Rosemary or Sage.
- Nectarine with banana and basil.
- Mora with raspberry, strawberry and Mint.
- Strawberry with grapefruit and Sage.
- Apple with plum, Blueberry and Mint or Sage.
- Cherry with lemon and Mint.
Steps to make flavored water or natural teas
Once you’ve chosen the best combinations between those indicated above, either taking into account the available ingredients, you must know how to prepare delicious infusions and natural flavored waters:
- First, Add fruit or vegetable to a bowl and crush with a mortar or wooden spoon, crushing as possible. If needed, remove the skin or seeds.
- Then, placed a bit of herb or spice chosen. If it is an aromatic, better place the leaf of the plant natural. In that case, squeeze it a little to release its aromas and juices, as well as natural extracts and oils.
- Finally, Add mineral water tap and if you want to be cool, a few ice cubes. You can only enjoy its flavor and all of its properties.
- To store, if it is that you’ve done in great quantity and like to drink several times, placed in a jar of glass with lid airtight in the refrigerator. You can also use a pitcher, wherever glass. It stays for a week.
- It recalls that trafficking in an infusion and not of a juice or a smoothie, therefore, the quantities of the ingredients should be few. Does not require use of sugar or other sweetener. If it’s too sour for you, you can add some fresh leaves of Stevia or even a small spoonful of honey, but it will not be necessary.